Review Archive

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Hello!

Welcome to the Infinite Bookcase, a new book blog. Because the world needs one more of those right? Well either way, I've gone to all this trouble now so here we are. I just wanted somewhere I could talk about one of my favourite things; books and readings.

Why infinite? Because a bookcase is never finished! It is constantly being re-invented, added to, subtracted from. If you've read everything on your bookcase(s) then... well at the risk of upsetting you, you're not a 'real' reader. I know, I have high standards but that's because I'm an obsessive reader. As in, every spare waking moments when it's possible to do so I'm reading a book. I realised last year, as I broadened my tastes, that there are simply too many books to read. Which is why every opportunity simply MUST be given over to reading. On the train, on the bus, on lunch, on the loo, in bed, doctors waiting room, waiting for dinner to cook... Reading can be applied to a wide range of situations if you re-evaluate your commitment.

This is not to say this blog is meant for fanatics only, far from it. 
All are welcome here.

Eventually, there will be a sizeable library of reviews. That's the intention. But all in good time. After all, you don't want to spend too much time reading this blog when there's all those books to read...

(And if you're wondering, I have 11 bookcases, 90% full, about 35% of books have been read)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!

Welcome to the Infinite Bookcase, a new book blog. Because the world needs one more of those right? Well either way, I've gone to all th...